Black Forest Designs
Handmade Hardwood End Grain Cutting Board
Regular price $139.00
Enjoy a lifetime of food preparation using this hardwood, end grained, food safe, handmade, and customizable cutting board.
- Using hardwood cutting boards protects your knives and does not dull them like granite or plastic cutting boards. Additionally we use the best hardwoods for our cutting boards that are hard, dense, tight-grained, and the least porous. These include maple, cherry, and walnut among others.
- End grain is a process where the wood is cut into strips and the strips rotated so that when constructing the board the wood's end grain is on the surface. The end grain advantage is durability. Also, the end grained wood hides and naturally heals the knife marks when seasoned properly. When cutting on the end grained cutting board the edge of the knife goes between the fibers of the wood thus the fibers do not get easily severed.
- These cutting boards are food safe for any meat or vegetable because of our unique two step finishing process that provides a moisture resistant surface. All boards are initially soaked for several hours in food grade non-toxic Mineral Oil and dried. Then hand rubbed with our Sealing Cream made of natural unbleached Beeswax and food grade Mineral Oil. Once the seasoning process is complete, they are buffed and ready to use. Please note that a diligent routine of seasoning is necessary to maintain these food safe properties.
- The unique handmade cutting board designs made by Black Forest Designs in the USA make them one of a kind. Choose from different end grain board patterns such as plaid, stripes, checker board, chaotic and more. Pick the the size that best fits your needs. Most boards have the option to include finger holds and a plate recess to easily scrape food from the board to a plate.
- Customize any board by adding words, initials, or a logo to the top of the cutting board. Customization is performed by using end grain wood inlay which uses a complimentary colored hardwood made of end grain wood that is inserted into the surface of the cutting board displaying your image. Since this is wood inlay, all the food safe properties and benefits of end grain are maintained. All inlays are created using the CNC technology which offers deep engravings that last a lifetime. Avoid laser cuttings that rapidly fade with use or inlays made with epoxy resin that will ruin your knives.